Sunday, June 14, 2009

A.W.O.L.

I have fallen off the blog, but have set a goal to update once a week. Hopefully I can find time on Sunday to do a week in review, at least until I get under control. This past week has been busy, as usual. Tuesday was Teancum's 10th birthday. He is now in the double digits! Their family went swimming in Lehi, then Pizza @ home. We watched him open presents which included a Bionicle, a BB gun, 2 squirt guns, & the best clothes. Springville celebrated it's annual Art City Days this week. Gramps & I bought a scone on Wednesday night & James & Erin took the kids to the carnival so they could ride a few rides. Saturday Gramps, Austin, Julianne, Addy, & I watched the parade. It was fun to watch Addy clap & wave. We picked up a few candies and did a little people watching. Actually, we got TMI of a particular parade attendee. I went to the quilt show by myself. It seemed like there were more quilts this year, so it was fun for me. I hope I have time to quilt before I am too old to quilt. We hit the food, carnival strip, & craft booths Saturday evening. Eric declared his new passion is to graduate college and then work into the "carney business". We couldn't be more excited for their future! Addy got to pick a duck out of the pond for a prize. She watched the ducks go round & round, but was hesitant to choose one & pick it up. With her dad's help she was a winner & got to choose a prize out of the bin. I watched the fireworks over the treetops from our front window. It has been so rainy & wet, we thought they would be cancelled. The next hot year I will go watch them up close & personal. Along with celebrating Art City Days I worked 33 hours. We are taking our big table & chairs to Arizona this next week, so I worked hours ahead. I attended RS board meeting. I walked 81,024 steps this week. Thursday I drove up to Bountiful and Amy & I made 6 freezer meals. The jury is still out whether or not we like them. It was fun to chat & work with Amy. I was lucky enough to not help with the clean-up. Amy had a test to get to & I dropped her off. So we worked hard & left the mess for them to face after school. (p.s. A & E, thanks for cleaning up our mess!) Saturday, between ACD events I met with Kris, Kathy, & Pam to celebrate Kris's birthday, which is today...Flag Day! Last Sunday morning a high council member called & said my name had been submitted to be on the Utah food committee for trek, would I accept? My thought process has been..."really? I feel really busy, but maybe it is a figment of my imagination." I accepted, don't know yet what that will entail. Also Saturday between events we went to a ward BBQ @ Big Hollow Park. Gramps took his grill & helped cook hamburgers. I made a fun new salad. I got the recipe from the extension agency class I took a couple of weeks ago. It was a hit. It has jicama, avacado, & pineapple in it & 2 serrano peppers give it zip. I am working on my list for the coming week & it looks about the same...No rest for the wicked comes to mind.

4 comments:

Amy Lu said...

Mom you sure did have a busy week. Your next one will sure be fun though. We are glad we got to come to Art City days, we sure had fun.

dmix007 said...

how fun. I wish we were at art city days, i sure love a good carney! Jen

William said...

Mom, you're the greatest, there is no rest for the wicked, but you, the righteous, don't need any!

Ang said...

I've missed hearing from you. I have been terrible lately also. Sometimes it takes too much energy to even blog!! Haha! Hope to see an update every week.....that's my goal too!