Thursday, April 16, 2009

How Deep Is Your Snow?




On a snowy day in March I blogged just how cold & snowy the day was considering the date on the calendar. After all March does boast the first day of Spring.  I must now admit my complaints & sarcasm were premature. It is now April 16 and again we woke up to a boat load of snow. Will this winter ever end? All morning long I thought of sarcastic one-liners to describe snow in April.  Then I reminded myself of a kindly farmer type that once told me, "Spring snow is like a layer of fertilizer." I am sure the snow helps in the greening process, but is anyone else tired of the soft white blanket outside? Sad, but true...in August I will need someone to remind how cold this April snow was as I am complaining of the hot, dog days of August. But at the present time I am keeping my fingers crossed that warmer weather is just around the corner.

1 comment:

jenjen said...

you know it doesn't snow in Maricopa, in April! Here's to wishing you lived HERE!