Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Newsletter Aritcle



One of my responsibilities as a counselor in the RS is writing an article in our ward newsletter. In keeping with my blog is my journal here is my article, which reflect my thoughts at this time. Last Spring I was sitting in a car, watching out the window, when I saw a bird flying around in the air. I had the thought that all great inventions are patterned after one of Heavenly Father’s creations. The first part of D&C 52:14 reads: And again, I will give unto you a pattern in all things. When I read this, it was an affirmation of my earlier thoughts. So I eagerly watched for more patterns provided by Heavenly Father. Was it after watching birds fly that great thinkers eventually produced airplanes? Did hovering Hummingbirds contribute to the development of helicopters? Beavers build dams and so do people. Even in marriage we have the pattern of Canadian Geese, who mate for life. I believe the most important pattern for us to notice is our bright sun. Every day it climbs over the mountain to light and warm the day. Every day it shines at 100% capacity. Even when clouds interfere with its direct rays, we feel its influence. The sun is a pattern of our Savior Jesus Christ. He is the light of the world. Night and day we can feel His influence in our lives. Even when clouds of tribulation block our path we can feel His love for us and His desire for our success. As the seasons of the year come and go, the location of the sun changes. In the summer the sun is closer to us and we feel more intense heat, whereas in winter it is further away. Although in nature the pattern repeats itself in a predictable cycle, we have the choice as to how intensely we want to feel the influence of Christ in our lives. We choose the location of the Son in cycle of our days by reading our scriptures, praying, renewing covenants, etc. In the July visiting teaching message Pres. Hinckley was quoted, “There is need for constant improvement in all of our lives”. If we take to heart this suggestion, and sincerely work at personal improvement we will be like our exemplar, Jesus Christ.

On a personal note, Thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers, phone calls, and concern for our granddaughter Jayne. She is back home in Arizona and has received a clean bill of health from her doctor. We believe it was through the power of the priesthood and the faithful fasting and prayers in her behalf that brought forth this miracle in our lives. Thank you for sharing your faith with us.

5 comments:

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

thanks for that. I am glad I read that this morning, I sure needed it! i am so thankful that Jayne is well. Miss you guys

dmix007 said...

Fun thought, makes me want to go sew up something!

Ang said...

I can't believe the whole Jayne experience. I'm so glad things are going well. What a beautifully written article. Thank you for sharing those thoughts.

William said...

I loved reading this again, it's an inspiring inspiration! You have such great insight.

Amy Lu said...

Thanks for sharing mom. That is such a good way to look at our world. There are so many patterns. What a great way to remember the hand of the Lord in all the things of the world.