Thursday, July 24, 2008

Twenty Four



In honor of our Pioneer Day celebration & a belated Independence Day tribute I am listing 24 things I love about July. (Not listed in order of importance):
1. President Monson as the Grand Marshal of the Days of 47 parade.
2. Bull riding at the Fiesta Days Rodeo in Spanish Fork.
3. Fireworks in the front yard.
4. Fireworks in the park.
5. Swimming at Veterans Pool & not getting Crypto Sporidium.
6. Hot days.
7. Cool nights.
8. Sandals, flip flops, shorts, capri pants, & sunglasses.
9. Playing in the park; slides, swings, chasing, & laughing.
10. Glenn Beck in person at the Marriott.
11. Stadium of Fire with Austin on the field participating in the opening ceremonies.
12. Hannah Montana in concert.
13. BBQ's...hot dogs, hamburgers, & especially chicken bruschetta.
14. S'mores-toasted over a gas burner in the front yard!
15. Springville Summer Reading Program complete with green bug shirts.
16. Independence...freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of choice...what a great nation.
17. Garage Sale-broken fence optional.
18. Patriotic Music.
19. Visitors from Arizona-Jen, Dave, Tess, Brynn, Claire, & Jayne.
20. Amy home from Arizona, working in Bountiful, but home on the weekends.
21. The end of Math 1050...actually the first week of August.
22. A great job that feels like I am getting paid to go visiting teaching.
23. An old blue door painted black.
24. A lot of great memories to store up & revisit next winter when the snow flies.
July is on my list of favorite months of the year. The days are hot & I can't imagine being cold. By the end of August I start wishing it were cold. The the chill in the air lets me know another summer is at its end. Thanks goodness for football, pumpkins, & beautiful fall leaves to ease us into colder weather. In the mean time thank goodness for all good things July brings.

6 comments:

Stephen and Amanda said...

Hey mom! That was fun to read. I don't know if you go back to check if comments have been made on past posts, but I put a memory on your memory post. You'll have to check it out. It's a good one! I just don't want you to miss it! Love you!

jenjen said...

man, I love that I was a part of so many of them. I love that we love the same stuff...I love that when I read garage sale I laugh so hard I don't know what to write!

Ang said...

I love July too. I love the warm days and cool nights and all the fun things we get to do in July. For some reason I dread August. It's the month that it gets so hot you can't stand to go outside. It's also the month school starts again -- not looking forward to all of that!

Amy Lu said...

The month of July was a ton of fun. I love many of things you listed. I am a little disappointed I didn't get to participate in everything but what I did was fun.

Carissa J said...

I love your background on your blog. Way cute! I loved this post. It reminds me of a time when I loved summers too. Now it's just too darn hot!

Erin said...

What a fun summer you seem to be having. FULL of lots of the good stuff in life.