Thursday, December 4, 2008

Laugh Out Loud

I have lost sight of the fact that I started this blog as a journal for myself. I don't always blog events I want to remember, as much as I blog for my audience. Then when I don't get the reaction I anticipate I go through a rejection/unpopular cycle. New rule for myself...blog for myself so I can remember the happy events of my life.  Too bad this won't actually erase the bad hair days of my lifespan so I only have good hair days to remember! So with that preface, last night I had a crazy dream with a large cast which included a few relatives & a bunch of their friends. We were in a large vehicle and there was a lot of stopping with people getting in & out. Those that got out at stops didn't always get back in, but the vehicle was always full as new riders joined us. Fast forward, I ended up in Jennifer's kitchen, which was not her current kitchen,  but I knew I was at her house. I was loading the dishwasher when I noticed a new shelf that had never been there before where I could put glasses. As I was putting dirty glasses on this newly discovered shelf, Jennifer came along & pushed the front of the shelf towards the back & immediately I could clearly see I was not loading a dishwasher, but had somehow confused a shopping cart for a dishwasher & I was trying to load the toddler seat with dirty glasses.  I realize in retelling dreams the personal emotion that accompanies the dream can never be fully shared, but in this case it is the point of my post. As soon as I realized my mistake I started laughing & laughed so hard I couldn't even speak. In fact I think I was holding my breath, because I also experienced the feeling I couldn't breathe...all because I was laughing so hard. It felt so good to laugh. I love to laugh & I love to find humor in the many embarrassing situations I have found myself in. So my question is...have you ever laughed in a dream? I have been very frightened in a dream. I have had lots of crazy dreams where I don't remember having any emotional reaction. I have woken up mad at Bill because of what he did in my dream. I don't remember ever laughing in a dream. I think this is my first laughing dream. Analyzing this dream could take another page or two as I believe dreams are linked to concerns in the brain while we sleep, then the brain tweeks them. But I would love to know if anyone has ever laughed in a dream & if you have how often...maybe we can figure out what triggers a laughing dream, bottle it, & sell it as a cure-all. I woke up laughing & plan to continue to laugh all day! p.s. The shopping cart was blue with white writing on one side, sometimes I dream in color.

5 comments:

Erin said...

That's so darn funny. Trying to think about it...I don't know that I've ever laughed in a dream. I have lots of dreams where I get frustrated, scared, hurt, etc...but never laughed that I can remember. Now I'm gonna start thinking about past and future dreams and look forward to a laughable one.

Ang said...

What a funny dream! Yes, I have laughed in a dream. I woke my husband up (and freaked him out I might add) because I was laughing so hard. He woke me up and I was still laughing. It was a very goofy dream, and I'll never forget it - it still makes me giggle! Thanks for a good laugh today! I know what you mean about writing for an audience - yep, much better to write as a journal!

Amy Lu said...

Ha Ha. Just hearing that you laughed makes me laugh! I read the other day that the average adult laughs 15 times a day. The average kid laughs 400 times a day. All I know is we should laugh more! Also when you laugh its like the opposite of what stress does to your body. Just one more reason to laugh!

jenjen said...

I'm with Amy I want to be a kid again. If I could laugh like Claire I'd laugh all day! hanh hanh

jennaloha said...

I loved the top of this post: about feedback on blogs. That's so funny because I can relate: I am always preoccupied by my amount of comments. When I have posted a comment with little reaction I decide I hate blogging and am going to quit it altogether. It's like being in high school again. Lots of comments are like a brand new name-brand outfit.