Sunday, November 9, 2008

Obama for President


Today in my primary class the kids made a few comments about our new President-elect. I don't remember what any of them said except Maria, a cute dark-haired 11 year old that just got baptized this year. She said in a disgruntled voice, "Obama is going to keep kids in school all summer". I personally had no idea that was part of his platform, but I am sure that is why he won & I am sure that is currently at the top of his priority list. He is changing the law, nation wide, all children will attend school all summer. The adults thought they were in trouble with higher taxes, abortion, gay rights, the war in Iraq, the economy, health care, by no worries. The secret is out, he will be working long & hard to implement year round school for all U.S kids before the end of this school year. I will new rest easy on all those frivolous issues.

7 comments:

dmix007 said...

I love what kids worry about...Tess came home saying Obama is going to make the gas prices higher...now before anyone jumps down my throat I gave her the whole lesson on why it is goofy to think the president should decide how much the cost of gas is...Love Public Education System...Jen

Vonnie said...

I don't think they get it from school, they get it AT school. Kids overhear their parents rant & take it to schooll & share it from their point of view. By the time Tess hears the trouble it has gone through 3 or 4 kids. I guess it shows they are thinking though.

Ang said...

My hubby has heard so many ridiculous things from his seminary students that I'm sure they got from their parents or their friends who got it from their parents. My own kids had some really stupid things to say. I wasn't thrilled that he was voted in, but now he's going to be the president so I'm going to support and do my best to make our country as great as it can be.

Erin said...

It is interesting how things change. I wasn't happy about it but James told 1-2 weeks before that he was the man and there was nothing to do but hope for the best and have a good attitude. I hear lots of goofy things too, but I think Ang is right....we need to do our best to support and just do our best as individuals. Most of this is my own reminder to myself. ;) Oh yeah, Tess' comment and the little girl are way cute. I think it's funny to see their young little minds thinking of all these things.

Carissa J said...

Boy! What would I give to have summers off again! I didn't want either candidate to be elected but what can ya do? Nothing!

kathy said...

I thought the top thing on his agenda was the new dog for his girls! I am taking a class on Isaiah. After one of the debates our teacher said he cheered for the man he supported but he did not boo the one he didn't support because he could be our next president and will need all the prayers and support we can give him. Obama may not be who we wanted elected, but he still needs our prayers and support to help us through this mess. Who knows, he may suprprise us all.

Stephen and Amanda said...

Mom, you're funny! That little girl is funny too. Worries are a funny thing. You know what else is funny...(just kidding.) I hope that Obama does surprise us all and maybe get us kind of out of the mess that we're in, or at least get it started....