Sunday, August 17, 2008

THANK YOU!


I always like being on the back side of big events. I am so thankful for all the work & support that went into the Luau in celebration of Amanda & Stephen's marriage. The biggest thanks goes to my event planner, Jen Mix. Fantastic planning! We had delicious food & great fun. I was able to turn the entire event over to Jen & know the T's would be crossed & the I's would be dotted. Thanks for taking on the stress & producing a fun luau. Second, thanks to her support team. Dave & the girls are always at the top of that list. Dave is her right hand man & the girls know how to go with the flow. Without Dave's help & the girls co-operation events would not happen. We also had the "many hands make light work" team. Helpers like Julie, Carissa, Becky Hoopes, Genelle, & last but not least Amy. Many tasks were completed by these handy helpers such as cutting up fruit, ironing table cloths, carrying in, carrying out, decorating, taking down decorations, etc. etc. etc. Last, but not least, thank you to all those who attended our celebration & contributed to the fun we had that evening. It was fun to see relatives, meet new friends, & enjoy time together. Congratulations Stephen & Mand...may you enjoy much wedded bliss for many years to come.

10 comments:

Ang said...

We are so sad we missed everything. I'm so glad it worked out so well though!

jenjen said...

Gee, mom, Thanks...you are so sweet! Tee Hee Hee. It really was a fabulous time, so much fun was had by all. I can't wait to plan the next party...I am also looking forward to the Hoopes Family Reunion-Turkey Trot Here we come!

Amy Lu said...

What a party that was. Jen did do such a great job. I am also super excited for th Hoopes Family Reunion...it should be a ball. Hopefully we can all be there and get an updated family picture. What do you think about red tops?

Austin said...

We are sad that we missed it! We wish we could have been there. They look cute and it seems like it was lots of fun. We will see every one in November

James Hoopes said...

We are glad everything went so well and like the rest wish we could have been there, on a side bar, there is a link to my sketch book site off of my painting site that I think you are asking for, and teancum just has an email that we are having some technical difficulties with so keep waiting for that one!

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

It was fun to see you all. Jen did do a great job. A great party planner! We miss you all already, and can't wait to see you again!

Carissa J said...

Jen did an awesome job! And it was so nice of her to let us stay with her. It was such a fun luau!

Erin said...

I'm sad we weren't able to be there...maybe next time! I hate missing parties with Jen, she's so awesome. Can you NOT have a fun time when Jen's around?

Stephen and Amanda said...

You're right mom, our posts are kind of similar. You really can't say it enough though Jen did a great job! She's gonna be the offical planner of parties whenever I need a party planned here on out. I am grateful for all the helpers also, and all those who came, and thanks for the Congrats at the end there mom! This was a fun celebration. Thanks, thanks, thanks!!!! :)

kathy said...

I love reading everyone's comments and I'm also sorry we couldn't be there. Kris and I planned to go and decided not to at the last minute. It was so far to drive and we couldn't stay but the one night. Congrats to Amanda and Stephen. You are part of a wonderful family. Wish we could see more of everyone.