Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Summer Vacation is already over :-(

My summer days are already over. Seems unfair to have such a short break. It is probably better in the long run since I have been losing sleep over the 2 classes I am signed up for. It is always better to face them head on, then to stew about the unknown. Today I have work 4 hours; school-2 classes; then visiting teaching to 3 sisters. Very doable as it is the 1st day of school. It is in about 3 weeks with homework, textbook reading, & tests when the pressure is multiplied. I am feeling a little bit out of my element as I am not signed up for a math class. Math has been my hard class for the last 3 semesters. Chemistry is a departure from that emphasis. Funny story, but true. When students go to the math lab they check in & out with their 8 digit student number. The department tracks how much the lab is used. On the last day of my summer class as I left to take the final, the student checking me out punched my number in from memory. Needless to say I used the math lab a lot. I will miss those tutor's, they were a lifesaver. I am up for my new challenge. I have been talking myself through the doubts. In fact I sound a lot like the little train that could, ' I think I can, I think I can." Thanks to those in my life that continue to encourage me through the doubts also. Amy has my camera or I would post my 1st day of school photo.  Darn that girl!

7 comments:

jenjen said...

Yea for higher education! You will do great, you always do...and even if you don't get an A, it is still great...so noooo pressure! Just have fun and learn a lot. I hope you were included in the fathers blessing round.

Vonnie said...

Thanks for asking, I was. It has given me hope to hold on as I continue this road. I stopped & spoke with my academic advisor & I am on track to start a nursing program Fall 2009. I have 4 classes for take & finish, then the TEAS test. She suggested I take it twice, once in March then again in May. I am not going to even worry about it until February or about then.

Erin said...

Go mom! I think it's awesome that you're going through this and taking it so seriously too. You definitely have a goal in mind and I am so impressed...not that I think you can't do it because I know you totally can. You will be awesome and you're gonna be so happy when all is said and done. YEAH!!!

Stephen and Amanda said...

Oh mom that's so funny! You were in the math lab a lot sounds like! They know you by number instead of name there! J/K. You'll do great with school this semester since your such a good studier and do what you need to in order to achieve your goal. Good Luck with the Semester!

James Hoopes said...

I am excited to here of your success, keep the attitude up and moving forward.

julie said...

I'm catching up on blogs after not reading any for a long time. This will probably be the last time I read or comment for an even longer time now that school is up and running again. Good luck, just keep putting one foot in front of the other! We will both look back and be amazed that we accomplished such a thing at our age!!!

Carissa J said...

Good job, Vonnie! You are gonna do awesome! Good luck this semester.