Sunday, September 21, 2008

Incredible Talent


Has everyone already heard the 16 year old singer, that looks like she is about 11? She is from the Phillipines, has had a hard life, but all her dreams are coming true. She has this voice that blows the roof off whatever building she is singing in. She gets standing ovations where ever she goes. She has sung with the likes of Josh Groban, Celine Dion, Andre B. etc. I only mention her because I was feeling discouraged & frustrated with my life this week. School is very hard this semester, I question why I am even trying such a difficult task, then I see this darling girl realizing her dreams. I caught this on a taped Oprah in the middle of the night when I was trying to go back to sleep. The next morning I was at work & I noticed a picture on the wall which I had not noticed before. In the piccture rays of the sun are coming through clouds with the words, "miracles happen every day" as the caption. So, that is my mantra this semester. Every day I remind myself that miracles happen. I also recall Randy Pausch's wise words that road blocks are not in front of us to stop us, but to test us to see how hard we want what is on the other side. All we can do carry on & do our best.  p.s. if you have not caught Charice yet, she is on YouTube.

7 comments:

Amy Lu said...

That is a great motto mom. I think that is true and my week has been proof of that.

William said...

Great thought mom...you hit on another winner.

jenjen said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!! Mom, you are the hardest worker, most dillegent person I know. You will get through this semester and survive...All your dreams can come true!

Erin said...

I think of all the people I know, you are one of the few that I have no doubts will be able to get through this semester and all the tough spots. You are one tough lady and I hope one day you'll realize your true potential. You have so much to offer that you don't even realize. I think you're great and I wish you the best of luck to finish this semester at the TOP!!!

Stephen and Amanda said...

What a great reminder mom. Miracles do happen and we can get things in life that we do want. I've not heard of this girl but I will have to check her out. Sounds interesting. :)

Carissa J said...

That's great, Vonnie. You can do it and you'll be so proud of yourself once you've completed this semester. When things are easy we don't appreciate them as much.

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

you are a superstar in everything you do! i appreciate your example. I had to tell you too, i didnt clean up my kitchen during peach canning jam time. My girlfriend and I were actually amazed how clean things stayed!