Sunday, October 5, 2008

Let's Glean Pumpkins



In case you haven't gone yet, I am reminding all it is time to go to your local farmer's field & glean as many pumpkins as you would like! They are free for the taking. As you can see I helped myself to 2 this week in preparation for Halloween. I just yearn for that orange splash on my front porch. My relief society president hasn't announced the free-for-all yet this year, so I just waited until dark & made a dash through the field. I grabbed 2 nice big ones as that was all I could hold. Good luck to all my fellow pumpkin gleaners!

4 comments:

Amy Lu said...

How fun Mom. I love the pumpkins and I am glad for the good advice to go at night. I think I will wait a couple days and go get mine!

Ang said...

Now I just need to find a farmer's field to pick up pumpkins!

Erin said...

We just bought a big one and six little ones to have some fun with. We don't look for anyplace to glean here since I'm still afraid from that time we did a couple years ago.

Carissa J said...

Sounds like a good time. My parents are growing albino pumpkins in their garden. I'm a little concerned about how the albino pumpkin seeds will taste... They better be good!