Thursday, September 4, 2008

So much to do, so little time...

I am in my 2nd week of school. Week one was a busy one. I spent time taking care of details for school, going to school, & 4 hours work a day. It is a new adjustment having work & school all the time. Our stake president also asked us to go to the temple 4 times last month & we procrastinated due to our vacation in Arizona. So, we went 4 times in 2 weeks instead of 4 times in 4 weeks which would have been better. Then there was visiting teaching, procrastinated on that too, but got it finished the first week of school. Although I have homework, class & work still, this week has been a little easier. The reason I wanted to blog is to share a puzzle I received in my chemistry class. I am up to 14 which means I am somewhat intelligent! It is kind of long, I don't have all the answers, but a fun challenge! Good luck, let me know your score. I will post answers, if I get them, in a week or so.
This is to gauge your mental flexibility & creativity. In the years since it has een developed, it has been found that few people cn olve more than half on the 1st day. Many reported getting answers long after the test had been sed aside, at unexpected moments when their minds were relaxed, and some reported solving it over a period of several days. p.s. I am now up to 18, only 2 more to go & I will officially be intelligent.
Example:  16 = O in a P
Answer: 16 ounces in a pound

1) 26 = L of the A
2) 7 = D of the W
3) 1001 = A N
4) 12 = S of the Z  
5) 54 = C in a D (with J)
6) 88 = P K
7) 13 = S on the A F
8) 18 = H on a G C
9) 8 = S on a S S
10) 3 = B M (S H T R)
11) 24 = H in a D
12) 1 = W on a U
13) 3600 = S in an H
14) 5 = D in a Z C
15) 11 = P on a F B T
16) 29 D in F in a L Y
17) 64 = S on a C B
18) 76 = T in the B P
19) 1000 = W T A P is W
20) 50 = W to L Y L
21) 99) = B of B on the W
22) 13 = L in a B D
23) 5 = T on a F
24) 13 = U F S
25) 8 = T on a O  
26) 23 = P of C in the H B
27) 21 = D on a D                                                     Scoring:
28) 7 = W of the A W                                              Average: 1 to 10
29) 200 = D for P G in M                                       Somewhat Intelligent: 11 to 19
30) 15 = M on a D M C                                            Intelligent: 20 to 27
31) 40 = D and N of the G F                                   Genius: 28 and above
32) 52 = W in a Y                                                     No cheating or sharing!
33) 80 = D A the W
34) 20000 = L U the S
35) 5280 = F in a M
36) 2001 = S O
Good luck! 
p.s. It is 7:15 p.m. on Thursday September 4, 2008...I am intelligent. I now have 20 answers. I will keep you updated. 

6 comments:

Erin said...

Looks like some fun. I'm going to go see how many I can figure out.

jenjen said...

how bout this one...4=W makes me C!

jenjen said...

i am feeling bad because there are not enough comments on this post. I think it is too hard. I need like a week, so just call me stupid!

Vonnie said...

It takes time. I'm okay with no comments. I just wanted to share. I love puzzles & I don't get to enjoy them much anymore. This was up my alley, but not everyone gets a kick out of the same stuff. In fact I feel out of the loop because I don't love the vampire books. To each his own.

Stephen and Amanda said...

That's right mom! I like to figure out puzzles as well, but this puzzle I think is out of my leaque because I have no idea. I'm not getting any of them. Oy! Good Luck though mom, You do great at these kinds of things and I'm not surprised that you are intelligent. Did you make it to genius?

Ang said...

I'm no genius, but I did get a few of them. Are you going to post the answers soon?!!!