Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Faith To Move Mountains



Matt 21:21 In this scripture Jesus said, “if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.  Reading this scripture always left me questioning my faith. Reading this scripture led me to a faith self assessment. I was not ever tempted to try my hand at moving a mountain; I knew in my heart I didn't have enough faith. Then I learned something that changed my perspective on this scripture. I cannot reference this idea, I apologize. I did not come up with this explanation, but I don’t where I read or heard it.  (If anyone has a source, please update me.) I learned that the mountain we are told we can move is not made of dirt and rock, but instead the mountain is our sin. With that in mind, if we have the faith of a mustard seed in the atonement of Jesus Christ we will be able to repent and overcome our personal mountains, a.k.a. sin. Our mountain may be made up of a lot of small sins or it may be big indiscretions. Either way it will take faith and repentance to move it. After learning this I was able to quit beating myself up for not having the faith to move the Wasatch Front and focus on my faith and repentance. 

No comments: