Sunday, October 5, 2008

Date Night in the Big City


A couple of weeks ago I received an e-mail about tickets to the Leann Rimes benefit concert. The tickets were only $20 each. I called Gramps to see if we could swing the $40. He didn't seem very interested, so I dropped the subject and deleted the e-mail. Fast forward to this week. On Wednesday Gramps said he had a secret, but it wasn't set in cement. Of course in my excitement I thought about it through the day. On Thursday he said he had the secret secured. I begged to know what the secret was & he said he had Leann Rimes concert tickets. I was so surprised. Leann Rimes is a grammy winning country/rock singer. I have her early music on my i-pod. I started liking her when she was a teenager winning awards. So, Friday night we went to her concert. She sang 3 songs I recognized, the girl next to me knew all the words to every song. Her closing song was Amazing Grace, which was her best performance of the night. She sang it accapella, her voice is incredible. Thanks Gramps for a fun night in the big city.

4 comments:

Ang said...

Fun!!! I'm so glad you were able to go. That would have been a nice concert. She's grown up so much since the beginning, but I've always liked her early songs the best.

Erin said...

That is so fun. She is really awesome and I like her too. I didn't know that we had that in common. I used to listen to her cd in college all the time. She is amazing and that would've been so fun to hear her in concert. Yeah for you two!

Carissa J said...

What a sweet surprise! How nice that he would do that for you! I bet it was a great concert. I really like Leann Rimes, too.

William said...

It was a fun date....thanx for going with me!