Monday, October 6, 2008

Thank You!



Gramps was asking tonight if he had thanked me for some of the menial tasks I have done over the years. He mentioned he noticed the clean bathroom, the clean laundry. It made me think of a comment my microbiology teacher recently told the class. He said if a Maple tree lost all its leaves & they were gathered up, then laid out flat, they would cover a football field. That is a lot of leaves from one tree. Then a thought came to mind;  if I hung all the laundry I have washed, dried, folded, ironed, put way on a line, one laundry line post would be in my backyard & the other post would be on the moon! 

7 comments:

Erin said...

That was very thoughtful of Grandpa and a good example for all to see. Thanks!

jenjen said...

holy smokes, that's a lot of laundry. After our catastrophe last night I think I have already topped you on laundry and I am 20 years behind you! It always feels good to get a 'thank You' but even better to be shown thanks by recipricole good works!

Ang said...

That is sweet! I don't even want to think about all the laundry I have done/am doing/am going to do in the next 20 years!!!
Okay, you asked about those picture blocks.....go to this site: http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/download.php and download it. It is free and very easy to use. I played around with it just a little bit. I know there's a lot more I can do! I've heard it's way better than photoshop and it's FREE!!!!

Julianne said...

That is very interesting about the maple tree, I think that most people are like that if we give them the change, if we look just a little bit, we can find all of their leaves, that is one thing I want to work at.

Also I can work on being more grateful, it is easy to see that just by say thanks it can change someones day

Amy Lu said...

Thanks for all that laundry mom. Especially cause you are still doing mine!!

kathy said...

It is always nice to be appreciated. That was thoughtful of Bill. We all need to look at the nice things people do for us and let them know we appreciate their efforts. I love your story about the leaves. Nice idea for a talk.

Stephen and Amanda said...

Oh I love to hear that someone noticed something I have done. I am sure that felt great to have dad point that out and say something.
I loved your leaf story and the analogy of the laundry. You have done a lot of laundry in your time and you are great at it. THanks so much for the laundry you have done! :)