Saturday, March 1, 2014

Cultural Celebration for the Gilbert Temple dedication

     I am posting this morning, before the event that will bring me happiness. Today is the cultural celebration presented on the eve of the dedication of the Gilbert Temple. This is a blessing to our community. I have been blessed by this event. The weather prediction is rain!  It doesn't rain in Arizona...hardly ever. I am expecting a miracle. My husband said, "It rains on the wicked and the righteous", but I am hoping for the rain to be delayed or if it does start raining that it will take a break. Last week at the practice a lot of kids that suffer from allergies had to be treated by the medical staff on site. Not surprising, 12,000 youth moving around on dry, dusty grass will stir up a lot of allergens. The plan was to have the area sprayed with water this week to try to prevent the problem, so rain wouldn't be all bad. I am not involved in the celebration, but Jen is. She signed us up to be overflow drivers of youth. It wasn't convenient last week when Amy was here and I had homework, so Bill drove both morning and evening. He was a good sport about it. In fact he is driving them this morning too, which allows me to finish my homework and do some housework before going. The best part is that we got tickets for tonight because we are drivers! The tickets are so limited. I expected to watch the broadcast on television. President Monson will be there, as well as President Eyring. Jen told us a little about the program last week after their 12 hour practice. It gave me goosies and I was in near tears. I can't imagine this morning how it will feel to actually be there to watch and feel the spirit. Tomorrow is the dedication. No church meetings held in the state of Arizona. We have our recommends and our white handkerchiefs. I am happy.

No comments: