Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Winding Down...The Last Week Practicum

Teancum and Bill went to see the Hobbit. Gramps got a kick out of Tank. He said he laughed during the movie and got a little scared too. After the movie Tank told Gramps that the movie was very well made. I am glad Tank and Gramps could go to a movie together and I am glad I got to stay home and work on homework, do the dishes and a load of laundry. I read a few of the essays in my new book of happiness and it was explained why we shouldn't compare ourselves. If we compare to any that have more or do better in life we feel less satisfied with ourselves and our situation. Yet, when we compare to those with less we feel gratitude. In the end comparing to either does not change our situation. I am taking note of this suggestion and plan to apply it when I find myself in the comparison mood.

No comments: