Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Day Three, Miracles do Happen

     Last night felt crushing as the Harvey project consumed time and space. After reading Helaman 3:35, Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation...I decided to fast and pray for a solution. I prayed to know if putting Harvey in a motel at $40 a night was the correct solution. I went to bed and slept peacefully through the night. I woke up to the alarm with a peaceful feeling. The crushing pressure of the night before, was no longer present. I prayed before taking my shower again asking for assistance with the decisions to be made. As I went through the day the feeling of peace did not leave me. The day went quickly and I did not feel the usual drive to eat. At one point I told myself that food is overrated!  Upon arrival at home I changed into my running clothes and headed out on my 3 mile run. The time I spend running is the best time of day. My body is working and that causes me to think more clearly. I often work out an aggressive feelings that have built up during the day. Also as I was run my thoughts turn to gratitude and testimony. Today I was again thinking how grateful I am for my healthy body. As I ran today I thought about what I would say in a testimony, if I was at testimony meeting. I thought about the incredible feeling of peace I have had all day. I believe this experience is what it feels like to lay my burdens at the Saviors feet and have him carry them for me. Too often I am begging for him so take away what I perceive as hard in my life or I want him to tell me what to do. In Psalm 55:22 it says, Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. By fasting and praying for confirmation of a solution I believe I felt the rest he promises when faith is exercised. I have felt a peaceful happiness in my heart all day, which is the kind of happy I am looking for.
   I read my first article on happiness last night as I went to sleep. I did not bookmark it and can't find it today!  Will be more careful so I can record the articles I red.

No comments: