Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday, Day Six, Long Week

     I am so glad it is Friday and the end of the week. I have too much to do tomorrow, but at least I don't wake up to an alarm. I forgot to set my alarm last night, so Bill woke me up at 6:00. I looked out the window and Vicki was here to pick me up. That was not the best way to start the day. Within an hour of arriving at work Diana called Paul, Andrew, and I into the conference room to tell us the company had decided that there would be no increase in pay this year...boo hoo. I was hoping for a small raise to offset the inflation and taxes that keep eating away at our income. Again not good news. Bill was in charge of the High Priest dinner tonight. I did a little bit to help before and tried to be helpful setting up and cleaning up. Very successful event. Good turn out, too much food, and friendly conversation going on around the room. As I was helping clean up, Brother Crandall, the primary pianist told me he there was a change coming. As it turns out he was ordained a High Priest last Sunday and will be on the High Council soon. I love him as the piano player in primary. The piano player makes a huge difference. Three strikes in one day. Normally I would say something along the lines of, "I give up or It is too hard. Or my all time favorite, What am I doing wrong?" But I haven't and the reason why is because my happiness is dependent on my obedience to the commandments. I am not being punished and I can still choose to be happy.
     PS The Harvey project has been derailed. Harvey missed his transfer in Los Angeles and we haven't heard from him since. I have tried to call and he doesn't answer. Jamie has tried also. She called his friend Cathy and she also tried to call. Not sure what to do at this point. Do we call the police, hospitals, or just wait to hear from him.