Sunday, February 2, 2014

Happy is as happy does.

        Today is the first day of my practicum. My biggest worry is that I will forget to do it! Change always takes effort. Last Saturday Jen and I ran the Color Run in Tempe. We received two temporary tattoos in our goodie bag. The small one said The Color Run, which I applied to the top of my hand on the day of the race. The second one was bigger and it said...HAPPY, in bold black letters. As I've gone through the day today I thought about where to use it as a reminder. I thought about my arm and my leg. My arm would be obvious to me and a lot of other people, whereas my leg might not be obvious enough.
       As I listened in church today, I was heard the word happy a couple of times. As I read a couple of chapters in the Book of Mormon I read about contention and peace. At the end of the Super Bowl there was a lot of happy people and a lot of sad people. I also thought about questions I will ask my two interviewees.
      I had a couple of happy spontaneous moments today. One was when I bragged to my family members about the math test I aced last night after a lot of studying. I love to learn and love to get good grades. Knowing I do well on something gives me happy feelings. My work is stressful...I look for other peoples mistakes and get written up on a report when I miss those mistakes. I keep suggesting a report to keep track of our success in finding mistakes. I need to find a different job. The second happy feeling was when I apologized to my visiting teacher for being short with her on the phone. It took me three days to get the courage up and I apologized via text. I just knew I couldn't face her at church today without sending an apology. She was very kind and respond with a thank you. I am sincerely sorry and I won't feel awkward around her. Doing the right thing makes me happy.
     

What I want to remember to do:
1. Always give my best effort.
2. Do the right thing, even when it is hard.

No comments: