Saturday, February 15, 2014

Happy Birthday to You!

    Today is Julie's birthday, she is 60. All my siblings are now 60 years old or more! I am the only one left in the 50's...it feels so good to be the youngest. As a kid I cried when my mother would call me the baby of the family. My brother called me a bawl baby and I didn't know the difference. Now I can celebrate being the youngest, under 60, as the baby of the family!
    I am writing my blog early today. I am picking Harvey up from Jamie's house to take him on his errands and maybe stop in to the Renaissance Fair. He will be my second interview this week on happiness. I know when I ask  him if he is happy on a scale of 1 to 10 he will give me a high number, probably a 10. He is not shy about his happiness. I do not understand his type of happiness. He has ruined his health. At 63 he is on the verge of needing to be placed in a care center. He is legally blind from his hard drinking and smoking. He can not walk through a store without the aid of a wheelchair. His idea of attending church is for the opportunity to "tell the people where 'he' has been." His only daughter will have nothing to do with him and his only son committed suicide about 5 years ago. After divorcing their mother he remarried and Linda passed away just over a year ago. He is allowing both his homes to go through foreclosure. He makes friends where ever he goes. He told me, "I know how to make friends, I just buy a few drinks, and have all the friends I need." My interview today should be very interesting. Update to follow tomorrow with my notes on the 3 articles I have read.  Another week coming to a close!
    This has been a tough week due to sickness. Next week will be a breeze...feeling well and looking forward to a visit from Amy!
   

No comments: