Monday, February 3, 2014

Day Two Blues

      Whenever I start a diet, day one is a shock, but I am full of enthusiasm for the changes taking place in my life. Then on day two I question what I have committed to and already want to quit. It is a crazy cycle I have to talk myself through. At work today I was on the look out for anything resembling cheer or happiness. Once I arrived home the phone calls and texts started up in connection with the Harvey project. I was determined to read part of my scripture assignment, but it was very difficult to feel the spirit. I read the talk Good, Better, Best on Sunday by Elder Oaks. In the talk he quotes the scripture that says, Come unto me, all ye that are heavy laden and I will give you rest. I am trying to be happy in the midst of crushing circumstances. In Helaman 3:34 it says the more humble part of the people suffered great persecution, and did wade through much affliction. Verse 35 says nevertheless the did fast and pray oft and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility. As I read fast and pray oft I wondered how often oft is? My desire is to do whatever it takes to feel the rest Jesus Christ can give me. I think I will be happy when I am there.

No comments: