Thursday, June 26, 2008

Windex Isn't Just For Windows


Anyone out there with  a microwave or dishwasher. I recently learned a couple of cleaning tricks for these 2 appliances that I will pass on to anyone interested in trying. I have used both tricks & plan to continue to use them, as I think they both work. Number 1: Spray a rag or dish cloth with Windex, 4 or 5 shots will do. Then place in microwave & heat for 30 seconds. The crusty food will wipe off easier. It really works. You may need to repeat if the crust is really, really bad. I started scrubbing my microwave, then remembered the trick. It was a night & day difference, it really was easier to clean.  Number 2: When your dishwasher is empty, fill both soap cups with cider vinegar. Run through a rinse cycle. Then do the same with Clorox. I also cleaned the bottom of the door, as it catches & builds a lot of crud. Do this treatment once a month to maintain a clean dishwasher. I  had trouble with glass looking cloudy, but this has cleared it up. I am at the end of the month & I am still smooth sailing. This is the 1st month I have cleaned my dishwasher, but plan to keep it clean this way. Good luck, I hope this makes your chores a little easier.

7 comments:

William said...

Thanks for the great tip, I'll give it a try. You're always coming up with things to better man(or woman)kind.

jenjen said...

Wow, Queen of Clean! I love it...Amy will have to get right on that for me...HEE HEE

Carissa J said...

That's cool, Vonnie. Have you seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding? The dad on that show thinks Windex cures EVERYTHING. It's pretty funny. Thanks for sharing your cleaning tricks :)

Amy Lu said...

Ha Ha Jennifer so funny, wait she is right I guess instead of doing that post I was going to I will head down right now and get that done.

Ang said...

Love 'em! I will definitely try those because those are two yucky jobs that I avoid!

julie said...

Love those hints...I'll have to have Gary get right on that for me (specially since Bill is doing it for you):)

Vonnie said...

You guys are all so funny. There isn't a person out there not trying to get out of work! Now that everyone has had their laughs I want to know if anyone really tries them & if it works as well for you.