Tuesday, June 17, 2008

From Not To Hot.









I like to talk about the weather. I admit it is strange, as there isn't
anything we can do to change it. Maybe it's because it's a safe topic. I can't offend anyone, most people have a comment to make about it, & not everyone has the same weather at the same time. So, here in Utah the weather yo-yo finally has a short string. Our daytime temp's will only vary between 85 & 92 this week instead of last week's 60's to 80's. Today has been hot. I rode my bike to the library & by the time I got home I was dripping. Not to be discouraged by the heat I planted my 6 tomato plants & while digging around found 2 volunteer pumpkin patches. Not just a plant or two, but 2 groups of plants. I am going to let them play out for now. I know I will need to thin them, but if all goes well I will not get caught gleaning at Harward Farms this year! I love pumpkins in the Fall, so bring them on. The problem with a hot day is it eventually turns into a warm evening. As it is now evening, I am not very motivated due to the heat. The swamp cooler hasn't been turned on yet. I don't like nagging gramps to get on the roof, so it may be July 2 when Austin & Dave are here before it get turned on. Oh well, at least I've quit complaining about the cold.

5 comments:

Ang said...

The weather is crazy here too. I only regret the cold because our garden was ruined by a crazy snowstorm in June. It's sure getting beautiful now. I bet Arizona is crazy hot now....I would never make it there!

Ang said...

Did you notice how many times I used crazy in that last comment? Crazy!

Vonnie said...

I love the word crazy. Little Claire will say Cwazy when the mood strikes. So the word makes me chuckle.

jenjen said...

I too love cwazy...I am just bummed we won't be gleaning pumpkins at harward farms, I just found a really great big orange bag that will help us out!

Vonnie said...

They are still talking about it at Kolob 6th. Teresa Johnston mentioned it to me & we laughed again. That was a doozy.