Thursday, June 5, 2008

Jack Sprat & his Wife



Remember the old nursery rhyme Jack Sprat could eat no fat and his wife could eat no lean. Bill and  are that couple, with a twist. For us it has to do with medical conditions. Bill suffers from the common head cold, followed by a cold sore, followed by a severe allergy attack. Just as one condition eases a new one sets in. Gramps worked outside on Monday evening for a couple of hours, by Tuesday morning his eyes were swollen and he was itching (more than usual). On Wednesday he went to work in spite of his condition, which seemed to be holding its own. This morning he couldn't open his eyes enough to see. His neck and arms covered with red splotches. After listening to a morning conference call he went to IHC, where the doctor suggested he take Clariten an hour before exposing himself to allergens and also gave him prescriptions to get this attack under control. I was beginning to believe I was married to the elephant man. To finish the allegory of the nursery rhyme - Bill gets the run of the mill illness, whereas I only get conditions that land me in the hospital. I did my best on the photos, they do not capture the true essence of allergies gone wild., but they do give you an idea.

3 comments:

Erin said...

poor dad...and then poor mom. I hate to say it but he looks pretty miserable. I hope things get better pretty quick for you all.

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

Poor guy! my goodness. since moving down here david, connor ethan and I all have to take claritin. We didnt have the problem as much in utah, That swelling is terrible.

jenjen said...

Good advice for those of us allergy sufferers. What are we going to do with all your blood issues! Please get that under control...