Thursday, June 5, 2008

Spring, Summer, Winter, or Fall?


The weather here in Utah continues to take us through the seasons. Last night as it was drizzling and the temp was in the 60's it felt like a typical October evening whereas Monday was beautiful with lots of sun. I have worn a jacket or sweater the last 2 days due to cold temps again. If I was an alien and had been dropped on earth in Utah right now I would definately be confused. As a resident of Utah I know it is Spring. The tulips and daffodils have come and gone, the weather fluctuates radically, but most importantly the birds are to be heard and seen. It is one of my favorite signs of Spring and Summer. I listen for the return of chirping in the air. A particular Robin caught my eye today. I was driving down the street past a open street gutter. Due to all the rain we've received the past couple days the gutter is running over. Perched on the edge was a Robin taking advantage of the free flowing water. He was taking a bath as birds do. It put a smile on my face, just watching him dip and dive. It is just too bad I didn't have a camera with me. My question to you readers in blog world is...what is the last coincidental sighting that put a smile on your face?

2 comments:

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

rain a few weeks ago here in hot AZ. It was so refreshing , we all went outside to watch it,and smellit and listen to it. It is a rare treasure here. the sun was going down and it was beautiful. I soooooo miss Utah! I miss the seasons change and miss the tulips. they die right away here. enjoy it and think of me missing it

jenjen said...

That is so funny that you would post this because for the last two days I have been saying, look at those blossoms...that just bloomed over night! Look at all those purple flowers, they all blossomed overnight! It has been so crazy to see all the pretty flowers. I am sure others were expecting or waiting for it, but I love it and noticed it.