Saturday, June 7, 2008

Pizza, a Purse, & a Pair of Scissors


Can anyone guess how these 3 random items are connected? They are the 3 prizes I won this month. I am so excited! I love prizes. The scissors were a daily drawing at the Cotton Shop where I buy burp cloths. The purse is from a radio station; I sign up for their contests hoping for a trip to Disneyland. I won a purse this time instead.  It was their "pick a purse contest"...I picked all the purses that were left. I am curious to know which one I won. Unfortunately there were some ugly purses, but I picked them all! The biggest and best prize is the pizza prize. Bill & I went to California Pizza Kitchen and they gave us a coupon to be used on our next visit. It couldn't be opened until we were at the restaurant. Well, we went last night. I expected the prize to be 10% off, but it wasn't! The manager said, "oh, you got a good one. It is dinner for 6, up to $120..") We only have until June 16 to use it before it expires. I was hoping it would hold until July when Austin, Amy, and Jen will be here, but it expires next week. So, we are inviting Kris and Kathy to enjoy some pizza with us on Monday. We each have $20 to spend. It should be fun.

3 comments:

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

That is nice of you to share your winnings. Free stuff is always the best! don't you love the 52 cupcakes blog. I have been reading it for a while. I love it. I love keeping in touch too.

jenjen said...

I am so sad we won't be there to share. I do love free prizes and you are by far the best at free prizes! By the way, amy and I loved Oregano's-wish you were there.

Amy Lu said...

Mom that is so great! I am so happy for you! I was a little confused though because I didn't know Austin would be home in July. What's going on there?