Sunday, June 1, 2008

Get Happy!


For a long time I have struggled with happiness. From outward appearances it seemed to me like some people were just born happy and others had an easy life, therefore they were happy. It has taken me so long to finally believe that everyone can be happy, in spite of circumstances, as it is a choice. So many experiences are pushing me towards that understanding. Today as I was reading the Book of Mormon I ran onto an interesting scripture; Mormon 9:14. It says; And then cometh the judgment of the Holy One upon them; and then cometh the time that he that is filthy shall be filthy still; and he that is righteous shall be righteous still; he that is happy shall be happy still; and he that is unhappy shall be unhappy still. I honestly don't ever remember reading the last part of this scripture. My mind always stopped at righteousness and do I fit in that category. Now here it is. I will be happy if I learn to be... or unhappy if that is what I practice. To quote a great philosopher, "get happy." It is a choice to be happy and only we can make that choice. 

2 comments:

William said...

Thank you for that wonderful thought. You’ve made my Sunday Shine already. You have always had such great insight. Please keep up the blog.

Amy Lu said...

That's right Get Happy! There is no one else that can make you that way...GET HAPPY!-Love Jen (amy lu was signed in, I just commented!)