Sunday, June 22, 2008

Have You Heard From Austin?


It is always fun to get real snail mail, which I received from Austin this week. I think his letter to me & my care package to him crossed in the mail. He was bored in the 1st Aid class he was in, so he wrote me a letter on small notebook paper telling me about life at Fort Lewis. He has a week & a half left, then home to Utah for a week, then finally reunited with Julianne & little baby Addy. Will she remember her daddy? I am blogging this letter for 2 reasons. Number 1: Remember your parents. They really do love to be part of your life, even after you have grown up with your own family. After being number one in your life for many years, it is an adjustment to take back seat to your child's spouse & children. So thank you to Rob for dropping in on his way through to Detroit & thanks for the note from Austin. I do have wonderful kids that call & take care of me. Thanks for Planet Earth Jen for Mother's/Father's Day. I realize this is a diversion, but a funny thing happened in regard to Planet Earth. As I was checking books out at the library my cousin Marilyn, who works there, held up the Planet Earth & asked, "Have you seen these, they are wonderful?" I was able to answer, "Yes, I have my own copy." Number 2: (if you have forgotten, as I have, I am writing why I was happy to get Austin's snail mail) I love the paper he wrote on. It looks like the paper now being used in scrapbooking to journel on really cool pages. I think I am going to use the back side of Austin's letter on some scrapbooking pages. So, to wrap this up, send your parents a cheery letter when you are away & write on cool paper & you will give double the pleasure, double the fun!  p.s. the mouse is to let you know the size of paper Austin wrote on.

1 comment:

jenjen said...

How is little oz anyway. I wonder how that little Addy and Julianne are doing. Thanks for the reminder I will defintily have to keep writing!